Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bre Manata wrote:

I know it's a commonly used (and misused) passage, but Jeremiah 29:11 has always meant so much to me. Especially at times when I find myself unsure of what God's plans for me really are. Sometimes I need reassurance that even if things don't go MY way, if they are going GOD'S way, it is for my good.

Today I am praying this for Andie, Kyle & little Ella, but I am especially praying it for Noah. As little as he is, God's plans for him are for his good. I am praying with all my heart that we will all be rejoicing with the Johnson's later today when Andie holds her sweet Noah in her arms!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, plans to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

My prayer:

Lord, we don't know what the outcome of today will be. We only know what we so desperately want it to be. We do know, though, that you are in control and that your plans and your ways are completely perfect. Please help the Johnson's to rest in this now.

God, please be with Andie. We pray that everything would go as smoothly as possible. That there wouldn't be any complications. We pray that you would work in such a way that the doctors would be surprised with the ease at which this procedure is able to be performed.

We trust you. We love you! We thank you for the salvation we have through the perfect act of life and death that your Son demonstrated on our behalf. We thank you that through that act we are able to come before your throne with our requests, and are able to KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are looking out for our best, God.

Amen

1 comment:

Martha said...

Amen! My prayers join yours. (Granny)